Friday 17 May 2013

Osong Ligaw goes to Singapore Zoo

Just got home from Mandai Lake Road where Singapore Zoo - self-proclaimed as The World's Best Rainforest Zoo. Well, I haven't been to many zoos, I think this is the first time I've ever been to a zoo actually, so I really can't tell. Zoos are where they cage animals, and I have big issues about it.
Waiting for a cab 
I refuse to be eaten without a fight! 
If you plan to go to Singapore Zoo, I super suggest that you take a cab instead of a bus. The bus stop from the zoo entails a long walk, and if you're already tired from roaming the zoo, it's not gonna be a happy experience.


Kangaroos within your reach! Seriously! 


Anyway, Singapore Zoo is one of the wildlife attractions in Singapore: Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo, River Safari, and the Night Safari. Unfortunately, my human did not buy any ticket for River and Night Safari.

The Singapore Zoo covers the 26 hectare wildlife park. It also has over 2,000 kinds of animals from over 300 species of animals divided into several exhibits and zones. You can view more about them from here.
Directions will surely assist "lost" travellers like yours truly

Thankfully I don't have a scheduled "feeding time". I can eat whenever I want. 

White tiger! Love!!!

What is more fascinating is that a lot of animals roam freely the area! Yes, that means monkeys hang wildly from tree to trees, squirrels chase each other on the streets, and birds fly freely in the sky!

There are also several shows that will surely entertain everyone. Fortunately, we were able to watch the Splash Safari Show and the Elephants at Work and Play Show. You will see the schedules of each show, but I suggest that you go to the venue a little early to make sure that you have a seat. Today, several pre-schools are having their field trip so it's a little crowded in the shows.

My human participating in the Splash Safari

Splash Safari
OMW to the Elephant Show 

Behind me are the large Asian elephants! 

Elephant Show

Kids and adults can also enjoy Kids World which, like in Jurong Bird Park, offers a refreshing break to zoo goers.

Kids World 

Bears of the World - *Ehem! I am actually a grizzly bear
"Admit it, human. We're lost! Again!" 
As a Filipino going to Singapore, your trip will not be complete without going to Jollibee at Lucky Plaza at the Orchard Road. I have never been a fan of Jabee, but I've been eating Hainanese Chicken all month! So a chicken joy is really fabulous!

The bee who cooks meets the bear who blogs 


Home at Jollibee, Orchard Road
Tomorrow, we will be going to Adventure Cove so expect another grand adventure there!

No comments:

Post a Comment